We’ve all been e-mailing, writing, and calling Coca-Cola the past two+ months; and so far, we haven’t seen a lot of progress. Until now. Though many of us have received form letter responses, offers of commemorative glasses, or a coupon–we weren’t really hearing anything that would indicate Coca-Cola was truly listening to us. But now all of that has changed.
Over the holiday weekend, we saw our first bit of positive progress. Many of us recently reached out directly to the CEO (Mr. James Quincey), and to the Chief Operating Officer of Coca-Cola North America (Mr. Zoran Vučinić).
And this weekend, Mr. Vučinić personally responded to several individuals with information that they are currently exploring how they can make TaB “selectively available in the future.” He claimed that it is a work in progress, and he cannot make any promises at this time.
With this tiny bit of positive information–we all need to reach out and encourage them to make sure this idea comes to fruition. Now is the time for us to double-down on our efforts to contact Coca-Cola–so they see we are determined to save our soda, and that we are supportive of the possibility of them making it selectively available in the future. This is a step in the right direction!
On this first full week of 2021, we encourage each and everyone in the group who is interested in the #SaveTaB movement to write an e-mail to Coca-Cola’s executives.
Some suggestions for your e-mail:
- Remind them how important TaB is to you.
- Explain your loyalty to TaB and Coca-Cola.
- Describe how TaB is a viable product poised for growth–it just needs a little marketing/advertising.
- Include TaB stories/anecdotes to humanize your request.
- Ask for the ability to continue to purchase TaB into the future, through whichever method is financially viable for the company.
- Keep it friendly, positive, and respectful.
And as always, if you get a response, let us know!